We have included some other information below that may be of assistance to you.

When you don’t know who to call, the Seniors Enquiry Line can provide you with free and confidential information and referrals on any topic including: home help, concessions, finance, legal, social/leisure, health, computers, transport etc. You simply ring them on the telephone and talk to a real person with not question too big or too small. They are available week days from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Contact details are-

Seniors Enquiry Line
Telephone 1300 135 500
TTY Hearing Impaired Service 3250 1928
Website: www.seniorsenquiryline.com.au

COUNCIL CAB – Community Transport Service
The Council Cab is Brisbane City Council’s shared transport service for those who find it difficult to travel to and from local facilities such as shops and banks.

The Council Cab service is available in different council ward areas and can be used if you live in the catchment area and are:

  • Over 60
  • Mobility impaired
  • Hold a pension concession card or Centrelink senior’s card
  • A carer or minor accompanying someone who is eligible

The service is provided on a certain day of the week (normally Thursday) and travels to and from various shopping centres depending where you live. It is relatively inexpensive (around $1.50 each way). The service must be booked no later than 2.00 p.m. the day prior to the service. To book you ring Yellow Cabs on 136294 and request the Council Cab. For hearing impaired book through ACE TTY on 3891 0091. More information is available from your local ward office or the Brisbane City Council Call Centre on 3403 8888.

The Elder Abuse Prevention Unit promotes the right of older people to live free from abuse. 25,000 older Queenslanders are abused each year by someone they trust. Abuse may take many forms-

  • Physical
  • Financial
  • Emotional
  • Sexual
  • Neglect

It can happen to anyone. The Elder Abuse Prevention Unit provides a state-wide service to respond to the abuse of older people in Queensland. Is it happening to someone you know?

Phone: 1300 651 192
Email: eapu@lccq.org.au
Website: http://www.eapu.com.au/

Commonwealth Carelink Centres are information centres for older people, people with disabilities and those who provide care and services. Centres provide free and confidential information on community aged care, siability and other support services available locally, interstate or anywhere within Australia.

Phone: 1800 052 222
Email: commCarelink@health.gov.au
Website: www.health.gov.au