What do you think about the service?

We like to know what you think about the services we provide and we encourage you to contact us when you have any compliments, complaints or concerns about our service.  There are a number of ways you can provide feedback to us, including:

  • Anonymous Survey form – for any suggestions about improvements or issues you have experienced.
  • Contractor Feedback form – to provide feedback about particular contractors.
  • Email – directly to the Manager.  Please call the office for details.
  • Phone – please pass on your feedback to our receptionist initially.
  • Mail – our mail address is PO Box 135, Sandgate 4017 and you are welcome to write to us directly.

If you wish, you may use a friend, relative, advocate or an interpreter to help you.

We are particularly interested to hear of any complaints you have with our service so we can do better next time.  If you would like to make a complaint we have adopted the following steps to resolve any issues that may arise:


You can lodge a complaint either verbally or in written form. The complaint can also be lodged by the client concerned, friend, relative, interpreter, legal attorney, carer or an advocate.  All details of the complaint will be documented and the complaint will be kept private and confidential between the organisation and the complainant.

STEP 2feedback home assist services

The Manager will investigate the complaint by visiting the client at their home, if this is necessary.   At this stage every effort will be made to resolve the issue to the full satisfaction of the complainant.


If the issue cannot be resolved to their full satisfaction, the complaint will be presented to the members of the Management Committee for resolution. The Chairperson or his/her nominee will further investigate the issue and report back to the Committee.


If the issue cannot be resolved it will be referred to the relevant Government department.

Advocacy can help to create a level playing field by supporting older people, people with a disability and their carers to be heard. An advocate provides support by working with you, solely on your behalf and at your direction.  ADA Australia is a not-for-profit community based statewide advocacy service funded to provide information, education, support and representation to enable people to understand and exercise their rights and their responsibilities.  You can contact them on 1800 818 338